Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain rules

No, not "Rain Rules!" or anything. I meant rain rules. I've gotten to witness some pretty intense events that remind me of the things that I shouldn't do when its raining. By following these simple guidelines, you won't embarrass yourself.. OK, without further to do.. here they are:

1) While witnessing the occasional slip and fall, do not laugh (out loud). Its just mean, and you probably won't want to anyway. What never fails is how there is always someone that asks "Are you OK?" but show absolutely no sign of wanting to help, I guess its just one of those reflexes.

2) If its windy and your umbrella flips, try not to walk like it happens to you all the time and you don't care about it.. Walking around with a flipped umbrella is a little sad to look at. If you find yourself struggling trying to fix it and everyone is watching you just go with the last resort: face the umbrella downwards and push it against the ground to flip it back. It works.

3) There is always someone that keeps holding the umbrella open even after the rain stopped. To let them know that its no longer raining, just look up at the sky then look at your closed umbrella in your hand.. oh and then look back at the sky. They will know its safe to come out.

4) Dudes! If you're indoors and your jacket is drenched.. why do you still wear it? You'll just be all drippy and cold.

5) Sidewalk safety: Do NOT walk next to a street puddle. I've been splashed before, and I didn't get embarrassed until the girl slowed down and stopped to ask me "Are you OK?"

Follow this one for sure, even if you completely ignore the previous items:

6) Its during these times when we notice that painted surfaces are just as slippery as walking on metal surfaces. If you're more of the 'learn by doing' person, then learn it for yourself. Oh and please share your experience. Please.

Have you seen any of these things happen lately? Share! If it happened to you, just start off by saying "Oh yeah, this happened to my friend: . . ." and then share your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment