"Yeah, I didn't think so."
Nobody really gets those responses, unless you're dealing with a friend that knows that you have a huge sense of humor. Or maybe you just know someone that likes to joke around.
But how do you respond to these types of questions:
1) "Excuse me, may I interrupt you?" -- Uh.. this happened to me one time I was reading a book in the corner of a library. The girl was wearing a very bright yellow shirt which made her extremely noticeable, and she shows up asking me if she can interrupt me. I said no.
2) "Can I tell you something and you promise you won't get mad?" --When you hear this, you imagine the worst things: "I cheated on you," "I gave away your Star Wars movie collection," "Someone sent me flowers at work." And then you hear something dumb that didn't even make you mad.
3) "Did you just wake up?" --Seriously!? If you're not being asked this while you're on the phone, then either you have that crusty stuff in your eyes, or you just look really bad. Even if you didn't just wake up, you'll probably want to say that you did in order to give you a reason for looking horrible that day.
And don't even get me started with: "Does this look good on me?" .. ah. Long story short: say 'yes.'
No comments:
Post a Comment