Sunday, November 29, 2009

Disappointment

I always analyze my day at the end when I am about to go to sleep. I go through the things that disappointed me and the things that didn't and I always end up content. Last night, I couldn't think of any disappointments so I decided to get extra detailed on day-to-day "bad" things that happen to everybody. I'm sure that these affect us somehow. . .

On a regular school day, there are a few things that happen that can change the way my day goes.

1) The alarm. If I am too tired to hear my alarm, or I somehow find my cell phone under my pillow and don't hear it go off, it means I'm late. When I have class at 8am and wake up at 7:20am, it is a bad sign.

2) My hair. A part of it just won't settle down, and yeah it happens to all of us. I'm a little afraid of looking in the mirror in the mornings for that reason actually (and let's not even get into what happens when I find a pimple).

3) It's cold! Oh man, having to force yourself to get out of bed is definitely not a good thing. Especially when the blanket is at its perfect temperature right when my alarm starts beeping.

Wow. . that is just in the morning alone. We usually take these disappointments like every day things though, it isn't that big of a deal, right? Oh wait I'm not done;

4) My car. Someone is parked too close behind me and I have to squeeze out of my parking spot.

5) Street lights. I seem to get all of the red lights only when I'm running late.

6) Parking. Let's not even get into parking on campus. It's horrible. Oh which reminds me, a tip for you Cal Poly people: I once observed the traffic at different times of the morning and I noticed that it is at its worst at 7:40am. You're fine at 7:35am or even 7:37am, but not at 7:40am.

7) Forgetting something.

And believe it, there are other things that happen during the day that we don't even notice anymore.

8) Stairs or elevator? There is always someone that has to hit the 2nd floor button on the elevator when you are rushing to get to the 4th.

9) Why are we used to not talking to one another when we go into a classroom? Remember back in high school when you used to talk to those sitting around you? Now when you walk in its like " . . " well its like nothing! Everyone just looks your way thinking that the professor has arrived and as soon as they see that you aren't the professor they go back to their own business (which pretty much means staring at their pencil again).

10) You have to pay 5 dollars for a sandwich from the marketplace that turns out to be soggy.

11) On your way to the student center, you have to ignore the people that are asking for donations. Man, I don't like doing that.

12) When you order from Panda Express, you always ask yourself why they are limited to only giving you one scoop of orange chicken. Or why Carl's Jr. always takes forever to give you a number 1 combo. When you see them put a burger and fries in a bag and you think its yours, its actually the person that ordered the same thing 4 numbers before you.

13) On your way back to the car, there is someone walking in front of you that can't decide how fast they want to walk on the sidewalk. When you speed up to pass them, they speed up too. A 4 mile per hour race. Woo!

14) While on your way out of the parking lot, the pedestrians are taking advantage of their right of way and decide to keep crossing no matter what.

And then you get home and wonder why you're feeling the way you are after an average day at school. A student goes through a lot, dude. Now imagine this on finals week.

No comments:

Post a Comment