Awkward.
It makes you wonder several things, you know? Like "Why are we even [facebook] friends?", "Should I talk to that person? Am I THAT bored?" Sometimes the idea of changing my settings so that facebook chat doesn't show me online crosses my mind just to avoid those moments. Just like I think of all those questions, they might wonder some things too. I say its safe to say that it matches the Level of Awkwardness* of that of making eye contact with a person that is leaving the restroom without washing their hands.
What the heck could that person be doing up at 5am?
He or she is wondering the same thing about you, man.
What's worse is when you have been online for a long time, and still haven't talked to each other. Here is your solution: make yourself think that the other person has not seen you online or, better yet, hasn't discovered the facebook chat feature on facebook. Another way is to assume that the person has more people online (with the green dot, unlike you with all your moon people**).
*A blog post later to come on edwincov.blogspot.com
**Refers to the "idle" status on facebook indicated by a little crescent moon icon, something that I still don't understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment