Isn't it the thing to do when you are in an awkward situation? Picture this, you are walking from your lecture classroom to the library and you see someone that you know approaching you from the other direction. Chances are one of you is either checking the time, texting, or pretending to be talking to somebody on the cell phone.
Or picture this one: you are waiting for someone to pick you up from a coffee shop. Instead of looking like a weirdo doing nothing but staring at people (which some people openly do and admit it), you pretend like you are doing something important on your cell phone. Isn't it awesome? I do it all the time. Maybe I just feel like I have to be doing something when I am in a crowded place. I can't just do nothing (like I do when I'm not around many people). And you gotta admit, if you are walking around and you see somebody just sitting there doing nothing, you might wonder what the heck is up.
Moments when I take out my cell phone without a need to do so:
- Walking from the student center back to the engineering building. (Hey, maybe someone texted me in those 3 minutes I didn't check my phone and I didn't feel the strong vibration from my pocket. Its possible.)
- When I make eye contact with somebody and it turns weird so we are forced to look away.
Next time you take out your cell phone, pay attention and notice if you are doing it because you want to, or if it was a reflex to one of the above situations.
Which reminds me . . I had to take out my cell phone at 7-Eleven today:

Like or dislike the coat? Comments welcome!
-Via edwincov.blogspot.com- have one? Share it!
No comments:
Post a Comment