Thursday, December 24, 2009

Levels of Awkwardness

Obviously, certain situations are more awkward than others. In reading this, you will notice that it includes different situations in which awkwardness is involved, which are ranked from least to most awkward.

There is a list being created, but here only the top three are listed for your entertainment.

1) Having someone hear you say "hi" to somebody that does not hear you no matter how many times, or how loud, you say it. However, if you give up, it will only seem worse. I'm not suggesting that you keep trying, though; I'm just saying that you're on your own on this one. After you realize that the person will not hear you no matter what, there's no real need to say "Yeah, he can't hear me". We know. Just leave it alone.

2) A certain type of hug or handshake. I am not speaking necessarily from personal experience, but you might be one of those people that lean to one side when you hug... now, what happens when you both lean toward the same side? Yeah, that. Oh and then you both decide to change sides at the same time it gets bad. I still don't get the handshake thing; for guys, there is a friendly handshake, a "what's up?" handshake, and a formal handshake (for further details, ask a guy). What is weird about this is that sometimes you mix 'em up and usually don't know what the heck kind of game the other person is playing with your hand.

3) Farts. (At the library)Some time ago, I posted something about a guy farting at the library, but the whole situation just added to the fun. The guy was falling asleep, he fell off his chair, and the fart (his own fart) woke him up. I couldn't help at laughing, but it was definitely awkward. It can get worse, though: Imagine you are in the car with someone else (just one other person) and a certain smell starts to rise from the seat toward the ceiling. There are only two of you, so whoever didn't cause the damage knows that it was the other person! But hey it might be unhealthy to hold it in anyway, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment