At any rate, so you go go out with your friends to a restaurant and try to enjoy yourselves. In order of importance, when I am trying to "hang out" with my friends here is what matters the most: the conversation, the environment, the service, the food.
What!?
The food matters the least? How is that possible at a restaurant? C'mon, I came up with that list in like 2 seconds. I don't know if its entirely correct, but at the moment I believe it is. My rationale is: at any restaurant, there has to be one thing that you can eat on that menu that you can keep in your stomach for longer than an hour. Do you really think that your friends will drag you to a place that only serves live animals? No.
Restaurant visits tend to be the same for me all of the time. Except when I go with a lot of people (8 or more)... then everything is different. For instance:
1) We rarely just walk in and get a table right away.
2) "Water please.." Before you know it , everyone else begins ordering water as well. If you say that you want Coke, you will look unhealthy (c'mon, we're comparing it to water here!) and if you ask for a Diet Coke, you look like a fatty (also unhealthy). Eh, I usually go with the flow.. water all around!
3) "The" conversation turns into many conversations at the table, and you are forced to only converse with those directly next to you or across from you. Anything else is just strange. Can you imagine a cross (two diagonal) conversations? Confusing!
4) Paying is impossible. All the time. I mean you know its gonna happen, it's gonna be extremely disorganized, and you don't plan for it anyway. Somehow we always feel like we have to pay with cash in those occasions; the restaurant still accepts different forms of payment, people. We once had a problem at Hooters over paying.. but I don't remember it.
Going to a restaurant with a lot of people is fun though. I've always liked it. And yeah, most of the time I understand why that 15% tip is automatically included.
No comments:
Post a Comment